- Tata Steel acquiring Anglo-Dutch firm Corus Group in 2006 to create the fifth largest steel company of the world. The deal was worth $7.6 billion ( 36,650 crore).
- Aditya Birla Group‘s Hindalco Industries, India‘s largest non-ferrous metals company, acquired the Canada based firm Novalis in an all-cash transaction for $6 billion.
- 2008: Automobile market - Tata acquired Britain’s most famous automobile manufacturers Jaguar and Land Rover, in a $2.3 billion deal with Ford, their American owners.
- Subhash Chandra’s Essel Packaging (EPL) acquired the Swiss tube packaging major Propack, and joined hands to become the world’s largest in laminated tubes.
- 2006, Ranbaxy Laboratories(RLL) created quite a stir when it announced the acquisition of 3 drug-makers in Europe, all within a week’s time. Allen S.p.A, a division of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) in Italy, Romania’s largest independent generic drug producer Terapia and drug maker Ethimed NV in Belgium.
- 2007, Pharmaceutical and biotechnology major Wockhardt bought the fourth largest independent, integrated pharmaceutical group in France, Negma Laboratories. At a deal of $265 million, Wockhardt became the largest Indian pharmaceutical company in Europe with more than 1500 employees based in the continent.
- Bennett Coleman & Co, India’s largest media group and the holding company of the Times of India group, bought Virgin Radio in the UK in a $53.2 million (Rs 445cr approx) deal with SMG Plc. in 2008.
- Mahindra & Mahindra acquired 90 percent stakes of Schoneweiss, a leading company in the forging sector in Germany. The deal took place in 2007
- Sterlite Industries, a part of the Vedanta Group signed an agreement regarding the acquisition of copper mining company Asarco for $ 2.6 billion in 2008. The deal surpassed Tata’s $2.3 billion deal of acquiring Land Rover and Jaguar. After the finalization of the deal Sterlite would become third largest copper mining company in the world.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corp(ONGC) took control of Imperial Energy Plc. for $1.9 billion in early 2009.
Top 10 global acquisitions by Indian companiesIn Business, Finance, India, World on ஜூன் 23, 2011 at 9:39 பிப